As the previous post Install MacOS Catalina On VMware AMD Laptop, I have upgrade my macOS Catalina VMWare to the BigSur. During upgrading, I have backed-up a copy of VMDK macOS BigSur. Below is my new laptop specìication:
- ASUS Zenbook UM425IA-NH74
- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
- 1 TB PCIe NVMe Intel SSD
- 16 GB LPDDR4X RAM Dual chanel
- Windows 10 Professional included
- CPU also needs to support the SSE4.1 and AMD-V
- Donwload the VMware Player /Workstation Pro 16
- VMware Unlocker: https://github.com/DrDonk/unlocker
- BigSur VMDK on Mediafire:
- WinRAR or 7-zip to extract and join 5 parts BigSur VMDK on Mediafire
Configure the VMWare
- Install the VMWare as your way, either Player or Workstation will be fine.
- Run the Unlocker by running the
win-install.cmdwith Administrator right.
- Open VMWare, create a new VM, Select
Apple Mac OS Xunder Guest operating system and choose "macOS 10.15" under Version. Leave all the option to the default. We will update the Hard Disk later.
- Click on Finish once finished.
- Update the Hard Disk by Click on Edit virtual machine settings.
- Add a new Hard Disk by click on Add.. -> Hard Disk
- Select SATA -> Use an existing virtual disk
- Choose the VMDk that I provided in the #Prerequisites. Click on Ok when Finished.
- The VM will start normally.
Nam Le, https://nready.net
Last modified on August 31st, 2021 at 2:52 pm